Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Karate! (Holy Zombie Jesus!)

Back from St. Louis, I had my first Karate Class today. It was an hour long. In that time, I managed to locate and strain a number of muscles I didn't even know I had. It was incrediblely intense.
Since it is an integrated class of several different levels, we did a variety of activities. I'm the lowbie, but everyone was very nice and helpful. Roundhouse kicks hurt lots... and the term "kick" would be inappropriate... it was more like a "gentle nudge, if contact was even made". At this point, the zombies have little to fear.
On a side note, the amount of focus required for Karate will come in extremely useful when dealing with the zombie menace. It teaches "calmness in the face of aggression" which pretty much covers my bases.
Anyway, I'm going again tomorrow, so hopefully, some of what I learned today will stick.

p.s. I also ate really shitty today, but did my regular cardio workout (sans jog) after Karate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

However, martial arts are, unfortunately, a lifelong pursuit. I studied Ju Jitsu for 5.5 years, and was still just a student.

But kicking stuff is fun.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home