Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Faux Pas

Correction: Half-Life 2 not Halo 2. I got my "h" games confused, probably as a result of the pain in my head. (The pain is less bad today, though I did cave some and have one diet coke, but still an improvement over six.) Though, as Slash pointed out, Halo 2 is also a good game, though not so much in the shitting-your-pants level of scary. Resident Evil is also a good recommendation, though the cause for zombism is different than Brooks' prescribed cause (Solanum), it is nonetheless a great avenue to explore.
All the complaints about video games being "too violent" or a "waste of time" will be moot when the zombies rise up. Those critics will most likely be converted to the walking dead in the first wave when it becomes quite clear who has played a first person shooter and who hasn't.
Parents of the World: If you want your children to survive, buy them a Playstation and the most violent video games available. Make it into a family activity by playing with your children. This is phase 2 of child preparation (after reading zombie bedtime stories).

I took my car into the shop today to make sure that it was in good working order. Even though I expect to crash it, run into an unsurmountable obstacle, run out of gas, or use it as a battering ram, relatively early in the zombie stuggle, I want to know that it will function well until that point.

No work-out today, as I am in the middle of a move. Yes, I am moving to a more obsolete location, which will (hopefully) provide more time for preparation when the zombie menace strikes. At this point, however, all I have going for me is a pretty nice box fort. This is an on-going move, as I do not have a new place yet... so expect to hear more about it. I hope my new place has a moat. with alligators.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful with the alligators!

Those suckers have already eaten three women in Florida in just the last couple weeks. They seem to have an almost zombie-like desire to devour human flesh.

I hope your move goes well, and that your new place is both wonderfully comfortable, and easily defendable. I hope it also has room for your collection of shotguns, your boxes of ammo, your rack of machetes, and your dojo.

Oh, and room for a big screen TV and a playstation.

Can I come visit? :)

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home