Saturday, May 06, 2006

Must Run Faster!

Today, I did my 30 minutes hardcore "total body interval" (a whopping 3 miles!), and I decided to time my mile run afterwards. Now, granted, I was somewhat tired from my initial workout, but I seriously expected to be able to run a mile in under 9 minutes. hmph.... It ended up being 9 minutes and 28 seconds. Of course, this is still much faster than a zombie travels, but I still need to be faster!

I used to be able to run a mile in under 8 minutes. I am now striving to meet and beat that time. I'm pretty sure that I should be able to run much faster with the combined fear and andreniline rush that comes from actually running from zombies, but I need to know that I can run fast even without that pressure.

I know my goals, now I just have to meet them. However, there is something to be said for progress, even though I still likely to be killed in a zombie invasion... I might be able to hold out longer. PROGRESS.

Advice of the Day: Refrain from ever coming into contact with zombies. Not only is there the fear of contagion, but they're just really gross too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. Rens,

I represent zombiedefense.org, and we wish to congratulate you on beginning your transformation from meatsnack to hero. We noticed that you seem to rely principally upon Mr. Brooks' treatise on zombie preparation. While a decent primer, we must warn you that it does contain potentially dangerous misinformation and assumptions. We hope that you will visit our site for all the weapon studies, tactical considerations, and research we have compiled in the ongoing effort to prepare the world for the Necropalypse. We also look forward to hearing from you on our message boards.

-Samuel J. Redford
RTAS Senior Operative
zombidefense.org

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the link to your blog from a friend. I've read everything now. I have one thing to say:

I think I might be in love with you, and in the event of zombie attack, I offer you my services as both gun owner and Ju Jitsu practioner for your defense.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home