Saturday, April 15, 2006

Big Steps

Today was a huge step towards my zombie defense training:

Tight Clothes and Short Hair
"Hair can be a similar hazard. Many times, victims have been seized and even dragged by their hair to a gruesome end. Tying one's hair back before a conflict may work temporarily. However, a short haircut, one inch or shorter, is ideal for hand-to-hand combat" pg.62-63 (please see illustration on 63)

Making a commitment for my close-quarters training, I have shorn my hair to the length of 3/8 of an inch. Pictures to come later.

However, with such a huge step forward, there was a small step back.... I will not detail my diet for today as it was rather counterproductive.

Regarding my vaccinations yesterday, I received both the Hep B Vaccine and the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine. Neither protects against Solanum, as the nurse (different from last time) informed me. This nurse seemed to be quite aware of the impending zombie threat and said that there has been no further progress on a Solanum vaccine, largely due to lack of funding, and lack of public support. However, she did remind me that preventing other viruses can be extremely beneficial in close and less-than-sanitary quarters.

Tips for the day: Get caught up on vaccinations! Shave that head!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home