Saturday, April 08, 2006

4/8/06 slump

I think I'm in a training slump. It's not that I'm not motivated, but rather that I feel I need to be doing more, like rousing public consciousness of the zombie menace, I mean c'mon, this is seriously worse than carbon monoxide poisoning, and everyone knows about that.

Speaking of the general public and their faulty knowledge of zombies, I didn't get a chance to pick Dawn of the Dead today, but I hope to get it tomorrow, and post my zombie review here.

Here is a cool website that provides a simulation for the spread of the zombie infection: ZOMBIE INFECTION SIMULATION, clearly a good tool for predicting the spread across populations. It even makes accommodations for panicked humans (although the human behavior seems inaccurate at best). I've never been so excited about a bunch of specks in my life.

Finally, today's rather unimpressive training regimen:
diet:
1 cup muesli
2 bananas
1 cup milk
1 cup tortilla chips with salsa
1 tortilla (approx. 8")
3 bites of a cheese enchilada (it wasn't very good)
1 sweet corn cake (about 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup black beans
2 bits of broccoli
5 baby carrots
4 crackers with cheese
1 & 1/2 vegan chocolate cupcake (a little caffeine never hurt reaction time)
1/4 cup raspberry custard
1/4 cup white wine (which probably counteracted the caffeine)
1 cup salad

I took a three mile walk with my dog, who in some ways acts as a resistance trainer... she certainly helped my upper body strength.

Advice for the day:
Pets are usually a hindrance in a zombie invasion. Rather than providing a discreet alarm, they may panic and actually attract more zombies. If you love your pets you will protect them like a family member, rather than use them as a hunting tool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home