Friday, March 31, 2006

It begins...

After reading Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, I decided that it was of my utmost interests to be personally prepared for the zombie invasion. The zombie invasion is not an "if" but rather a "when", and I do not want to be caught off guard.

Seeing as how I am a humble 27 year old couch potato, hardly at the peak of my physical fitness, I would only serve as fodder (and possibly later as a henchman) in the zombie army. So this blog will document my attempts to physically and mentally improve myself so that I will be able to fight against the armies of the undead.

I do not intend to change my surroundings, but rather only myself. I want to be physically fit, trained in hand-to-hand combat, an expert marksman, and have many other skills which will ensure my survival when the masses of the recently and not-so-recently deceased threaten.

I am beginning by evaluating my level of physical fitness. This includes body fat percentage tests and a physical exam, through which I can chart my progress. The results will be posted here. I will also obtain a training regimen through which to improve my fitness and endurance. My doctor appointment will be on Tuesday, April 11th.

I encourage everyone to read Max Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide, for the sake of yourself and all those you love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home