Tuesday, April 04, 2006

1st Physical Results and Exercise Plan

Today, I had my body fat percentage measured, and an exercise regimen prescribed.
These are the results:

Height: 66.25"
Weight: 141 pounds
Fat Weight: 49.3 pounds (35% of total weight)
Lean Weight: 91.7 pounds (65% of total weight)

This indicates that I have a slightly, unhealthily high body fat percentage; (23-30%) is considered healthy. Unfortunately, this also meansthat the zombies will have quite the meal when I am consumed (as I will inevitably be in my current state).

In order to adequately escape/evade the zombie menace, I need to reduce my body fat percentage to 29% (or a 6% loss over 6 months) without losing any muscle mass.
In order to present a viable threat to the zombie menace, I need to reduce my body fat percentage to 23% (or a 12% loss over 6 months) without losing any muscle mass.

Exercise Plan:
Do 30 minutes of cardiac exercise, 5 times a week. This exercise should vary, elliptical machines are acceptable as they provide a variety of workouts (though alas, no "zombie escape terrain variation")stair machines and treadmills are also acceptable.
Gradually add in Resistance training. This helps build muscle which in turn will make me a more effective zombie eradicator.

In addition, I am modifying my diet. I am already a vegetarian, because I do not want to risk animal to human transference of the Solanum virus. Even though zombie expert, Max Brooks, denies the threat (pg. 4), I prefer not to take the chance. While my couch potato diet consisted of primarily junk food (as is entirely appropriate for that lifestyle), my new diet will be wholesome and nutritive, designed to maximize my zombie defense training.

Today, I consumed:
1 cup muesli
1 banana
1 hard boiled egg
1 apple
1 peanut butter granola bar
1/2 nutrient bar
1 stalk of celery with peanut butter
1 bowl of black bean soup
small portion of sourdough bread
lots of water

I exercised on the "total body workout" mode of the elliptical machine for 30 minutes, followed by walking a half-mile on the treadmill.

Zombie Preparation:
Reviewed "The Undead: Myths and Realities" from The Zombie Survival Guide, pages 1-25.

Advice of the Day: Solanum cannot animinate already dead tissue, it has to infect living human tissue. Therefore, cemetaries can be potenially safe resting points.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

PLEASE CONTINUE POSTING!~

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home