Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dawn of the Dead (2004)

As predicted, there were many inaccuracies in Dawn of the Dead. For me, the most notable being the newer "fast-paced zombie". I first noticed the fast zombie in 28 Days Later, which is technically not about zombies, but commonly confused with them. Since the creatures in 28 Days Later are still alive, and able to maintain muscle coordination, as well as not suffering the lingering effects of rigormortis, it is conceivable that they should be able to run at a normal human pace. No doubt, the fast zombie, continued in Dawn of the Dead is purely a filmic creation. It is interesting that the latest Romero installment in the "of the Dead" series, Land of the Dead returns to the realistic slow-moving zombie.

Regardless, watching Dawn of the Dead before going to bed should ensure the nestling of zombies in my unconscious, thus helping me prepare in a subliminal, subconscious way. Hopefully, I will kick ass in my dreams.

Food and Exercise Details:
1 cup muesli
1 cup milk
1 banana
1 apple
1 cup organic cheetos
1 cup black bean soup
a small bit of sourdough bread
1 cup of milk

1 mile walk with dog resistance training

2 Comments:

Blogger Jesus Ali said...

I recommend that you obtain and view the original "Day of the Dead" film from the 80's. However, it may make your time at the Reindl structure unpleasant.

Day takes place chronologically between the original Dawn and Land, and finds the small remaining pocket of humanity starting to take hold and start over in a secluded underground warehouse complex, the outside of which is surrounded by a large perimeter fence.

I am reminded of this creepy fence every time I step outside of the Reindl compound at night. As I look off into the office park distance, I can sometimes even hear the unrelentingly baleful moans of the undead.

2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I was just reading through your archives and stumbled across this post. I don't have a blogspot, so that is why this post is anonymous, however, rest assured I am concerned with the zombie apocalypse too. The logic for the fast zombie is that, as they are merely reanimated corpses, their bodies don't follow the same processes that ours do. Therefor, when they run, lactic acid does not build up in their muscles to make them slow down. Since traditionally zombies seek to consume flesh because they can only follow our instinctual basic processes, it makes sense that they would try to take the fastest method available to them to get to it. Running would be something they could remember from life (if they can walk, there's no reason they cannot run) and that makes them all the deadlier.

Your blog is wonderful, by the way.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home