Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Physical Exam and other Weirdness

Today, I had a physical, more or less the general sort. The nurse was most confused about the goals of my physical. Summary of conversation:

Nurse: So why do you want a physical today?
Me: I'm trying to anticipate a physically active state necessary for fending off the zombie menace.
Nurse: hmmmm..... what?
Me: You know, I want to make sure that I am physically fit, so when the undead army reigns in a post-apocalyptic hell-on-Earth scenario, I can be primed and ready for survival.... (I continued to describe the post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by zombies in various states of decay).

The nurse seemed to not think that the zombie menace was a serious threat. I didn't seem to be able to convince her that she should also prepare. I concluded that, in the end, there would be more food and water for me.

Ultimately, she concluded that I was physically healthy, though I need to follow up with a cholesterol check-up. I am also scheduled to receive a Hepititis B vaccination on Friday. I asked if this vaccination would help protect against a Solanum infection, but the nurse apparently didn't hear me. I will presue this further with another nurse when I actually receive the vaccination. If this "hepatitis B" shot doesn't protect against Solanum, perhaps they have another vaccination for that...

In the meantime, I managed to misplace my food consumption log, so this is my best attempts at reconstructing today's intake:

1 cup muesli
1 cup milk
1 banana
1 apple
1 16oz. smoothie
1/2 cup trail mix
2 pieces of bread
3 slices of pizza

Did 30 minutes on the "Manual" setting of the elliptical machine, which is what I was doing before my pre-emptive zombie defense measures. Much to my surprise, I have improved substantially on my previous workout. I was able to up the resistence significantly, as well as covering a larger distance. This was all followed by a 1/2 mile walk.

Advice of the Day: Remember to Sleep. It is important, zombies or no zombies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home