Sunday, December 31, 2006

Resolutions

On this New Year's Eve, I'm going to continue the tradition of making resolutions for the upcoming year:

1. Up the intensity of my training.
Lately (and partially because of the oppressive holiday season) my training has gotten kind of soft. I want to include more endurance training, such as jogging, in addition to my combat training. Fighting won't be much good if I don't have the stamina to outlast the menace.

2. Participate in more practical applications.
Now this doesn't mean going out and starting bar fights. However, there are lots of ways to test focus and power under stress. I'm thinking about some paintball practice. This is a situation that automatically ups the andreniline and demands concentration under pressure (while also unlikely to cause any serious harm).

3. Learn more about strategy.
Recently, I've started playing Go (download your own version at GNU Go). It's an ancient military strategy game, and at this point, I think it's safe to say that I would be a terrible general. It's really a good game as far as seeing the big picture, which I hope to get better at.

4. Develop a larger arsenal of weapons.
C'mon, who doesn't like weapons?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home