Monday, December 18, 2006

Zombie virus inhalation

It's nice to see so many people coming up with solutions to the various problems of the zombie menace.

Regarding the question proposed of inhaling splatter and consequent infection of membranous tissue. Hairdo-pancakes' solution of a respirator is certainly apt. Personally, my interest in all things ninja, would lead me to choose a ninja mask (maybe with a respirator underneath, for additional safety). Not to mention that it would look cool.
However, I'll make a stop at the army surplus store and see if they have anything that would work better.

And I'll look for some additional foot armor. Of course, I'm partial to my tabi, but they could easily be punctured, thus leading to my imminent demise. I'm hoping to reinforce my tabi with some sort of steel plating before the apocalypse, but I have a pair of steel toes, in case I don't get to it.

Also, excellent game, Hairdo-Pancake. Though I don't think that it necessarily has a practical application, it was certainly fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger Psyko_soldier said...

You could line the inside with chain mail...aluminium link's would likely be enough to stop most punctures from reaching your foot...though you would have to find a way to pad over it so it dident kill your feet. I myself purchased these chemical worker boot's that have a thin peice of metal in the sole...The tabi look cool..but you have to think first and foremost of survival...I hope when the Zed's rise...i have the good furtune to run into you...just becarefull crushing head's around me!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go with Romeroism on this subject and say you can only get the virus through a bite.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home