Tuesday, December 12, 2006

To be lean or not to be

Thank you, anonymous commenter, for you thoughtful remarks. I think you have a point. I've seen some studies (though I'd be had pressed to remember who did them or where they were done) that the level of fitness and complete lack of body fat possessed by some Olympic athletes (for example) is unhealthy when maintained in everyday existence. Rather, this low level of body fat, serves to make these people better competitors, under very controlled circumstances... which are far from the circumstances surrounding a survivalist situation.

However, I am in little danger of attaining such a low level of body fat. So I am glad to hear that my insulation may be of some use (though I had a feeling that might be the case when I was shoveling my way out of my house a few weeks ago). Now, I could certainly stand to eat healthier (something to consider, as various winter festivities are around the corner) which would probably reduce my insulation, but also make for a healthier me. But I don't want to reduce my body fat percentage too much. So, right now, I'm about 145 lbs, which is a little heavier than I should be for my height (5' 7"), but still within the realm of "normal". Now, if I were to lose a substantial amount of weight, reducing me to "model thin" I might look more like the archetype of female beauty, but really, who cares? I'm no good if I get eaten because I don't have the small amount of body fat necessary to carry me through the extra hard times.

Note to self: When searching out a group to help survive the zombie horde (my preferred label for a group of zombies), try to find a group that isn't composed completely of super models.
Also, invest in some sour patch kids.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

off topic...

My associate, Mr. Bemis, and myself were discussing if the zombie virus ever did come into existence, I would be very upset to find out that someone killed the very first one.

What are your feelings on this situation?

What if you complete all your training, and the virus actually does come to fruition, but is then stopped in it's tracks. Disappointment? Relief?

I, for one, welcome the change in lifestyle that the undead will bring, whether it be for better or for worse.

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justin, it would be your duty to all that is good to destroy every zombie that you come across. When the virus comes it must be stopped in its tracks as soon as possible. Have you not seen any zombie films!?!?

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home