Friday, September 22, 2006

Know Your Strengths

One person cannot be the best at everything. While zombie defense training encompasses a wide range of skills, each of which some degree of proficiency, it is important to know which skills you excel at versus which skills you are weaker in.

While I am still very early on in my training, I don't know if there is any one skill that I am an expert in. At this point, I think my knowledge of the zombie menace and what it is capable of is probably my strong point. I am also somewhat confident in my ability to take on a single zombie ( or possibly a small group, that is well spaced out) in hand-to-hand combat, assuming I am properly armed with at least some sort of close range weapon.

My weakest point is probably my driving ability. I don't just say this because of my accident earlier this summer, but rather because I was never a particularly confident driver. I imagine I would crack under the pressure of driving, off-road, in an attempt to escape a zombie horde. Now, if I'm the only driver (for whatever reason) I won't hesitate to employ what driving skills I have, But given an available, more competent driver, I will gladly turn over the honor... I've always liked shotgun better anyway (which takes on a new- or perhaps old- meaning in the event of the zombie apocalypse).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home