Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Post #100

This is my hundredth post. At this point, I think it is a good time to review my progress.

Going back to my one of my earliest posts regarding my fitness tests and weight-loss/muscle gain goals. I am sad to say that I have not made as much progress here as I would have liked. I have not endured the embarrassment of the fat-pinch test again, but I am fairly confident that my percentage of fat has not changed more than a percentage point (if that). My muscle mass has increased, as my weight has increased (only about five pounds), but my width has not. There is more definition and tone, and I am able to lift more weight.

On the other hand, because of Karate, my ability to defend myself has increased tenfold. I block without thinking, and my counterstrikes are becoming more effective. I don't think I could kill with my bare hands (nor would I want to-zombies are squishy and gross).

Finally, my knowledge of zombies is beginning to match my hatred of them. I have extensively studied The Zombie Survival Guide and made every effort to understand Max Brooks' expertise. I have consulted outside sources, evaluated their reliability, and absorbed what authentic data was available. Moreover, I have studied the human body to learn what it was capable of, and where it falters. While my zombie knowledge is far from complete, it is much more comprehensive than at the beginning of my training.

So, I have come a long way and I have a lot farther to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home