Monday, February 19, 2007

Guns, guns, guns

I think it's obvious after reviewing my previous posts that I tend to prefer (and speak more confidently about) close range weapons, such as bludgeons, and my all time favorite, the machete. I want to emphasize that this is not because I don't think ranged weapons are valuable. Quite the contrary, taking out the undead hordes from a distance is very preferable to close range fighting because of the lesser chance of contracting the zombie virus.

So why don't I talk more about guns? Unlike machetes and baseball bats which are quite affordable and very legal to practice with, guns are much more complicated. I simply don't have that much experience with guns. A couple of months ago I went to a gun show, and more recently I've been visiting gun stores. Judging from the talk I heard shooting back and forth, things were quite a bit more complicated than I anticipated. There are so many different types of guns, all of which have their bonuses. And the range in quality (which will affect effectiveness in the field) is huge (and reflected in the price tag). Honestly, I'm not sure if this is something that I will ever get a handle on.

And of course there is the matter of training. While I would love to spend more time at the shooting range, it is simply too expensive. Taking my practice home isn't a good idea either because the area I presently live in would seriously frown upon said activities, and I can't fight zombies from jail. So try to squeeze in training when and where I can, and at the moment I rely a lot on Justin's opinion, since he is much more versed in guns than I. I hope to eventually be more knowledgeable in this area, but I welcome any recommendations in the mean time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home