Sunday, July 23, 2006

Reporting for Duty

I finally have internet access in my home (that isn't pirated). So I'm back in action, ready to post.
Something I need to consider is exactly what my first reaction will be when the zombies descend upon the human race. Obviously, I've been trying to imagine what my first actions will be, but I feel it's time to make a list. I've consulted with the Zombie Survival Guide, and while it says much about preparation, there is a definite lack of first response. So here's my guess...

1. Do not Panic (you've spent months preparing for this, you will be ready)
2. Understand the nature of the outbreak as it will affect your reactions (is it local? how many people? where have the bodies been taken?)
3. Even though the general population will be unprepared, and most likely misunderstand the situation, keep any forms of media (tv, radio, internet) on as long as it is safe to do so, or until broadcasting ceases. Even though public conclusions will most likely be incorrect, you can make decisions based on the descriptions (rather than the conclusions).
4. Evaluate the situation, if it is possible remain in your home, which you have prepared for such an event.
5. Secure and moniter the perimeter.
6. Proceed in the manner described in the Zombie Survival Guide as the situation necessitates.

The key to the first response is not to overreact, underreact or panic. You've been equipped with the information to react in an intelligent, calculated, fashion; this is the best response.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xavier said...

Definately make to my friend's house, then to Gander Mtn., then to John Deere for a lawnmower (excuse me, zombie-mower), then to Fort Bragg.

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home