Saturday, June 17, 2006

Finally....


I finally picked up a close quarters weapon! 18" machete with a D-shaped handle and non-reflective blade. I had to compromise on the "solid construction", because I was unable to find any blades with this feature. However, upon further inspection the "plastic" handle is actually quite heavy-duty, and appears to able to take the impact of zombie skulls. It's a good weight, easy to swing, and legal.
Excellent.

Zombies beware, I'm keeping it next to me when I sleep.

Regarding Justin's comments, while the zombies where quite impressive in Versus, there are not a realistic portrayal of zombies, as true zombies lack neither the accuracy or muscle coordination or ability to think beyond "eat", all of which are necessary to operate a gun. However, this does not diminish the entertainment value of Versus.

This does bring up an important point, which Slash alluded to. Arms training is important. As of yet, I have not had any gun training. I am hoping to add "Shooting Guns 101" to my curriculum before fall.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a gun and would be happy to take you shooting whenever you like.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the white belt.

This weekend I finally purchased the gun I had been looking at for a long time. It's a remington police magnum 12 gauge pump, with telescoping stock, pistol grip, and a recoil absorber.

I took it to the range saturday and fired of a few, and felt like a badass zombie slaying machine. At about 20 feet (I assume most zombie related shootings occur at about that range) this gun would remove the zombie's head from the sternum up.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home