Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Damn Jinxes

As usual, my burgeoning hubris is punished by the fates.
Specifically, fate was responding to my last post, where I assert that my kicks have gotten stronger and more threatening due to the added muscle mass from running. As a result of my almost bragging, I was punished by spraining/severely bruising my foot. My favorite kicking foot to be exact.

It happened during a round of light contact sparring. Oddly, I don't think it was because of a poorly aimed kick, but rather because of a combination of having my foot stepped on combined with being on the receiving end of a takedown. Which leads me to my next point:

I've been doing more practice sparring lately, which I think has helped prepare me (at least mentally) for actual fighting (zombies or otherwise). If anything, this injury has taught me to be more conscientious of my body (and my feet) and my proximity to my opponent. Granted, sparring with a person and fighting a zombie are very different things. However, I believe that if I can improve my skills while sparring with people, this will greatly improve my zombie fighting skills.

All superstitious beliefs aside, this incident has also taught me not to become comfortable with my abilities, because there is always room for improvement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home