Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Massachusetts and Rhode Island

I just got back from a trip to Rhode Island via Massachusetts. I spent a good chunk of time in both Boston and Providence, and it yielded surprising results.

First off, let me say that this is my first time visiting both locations. I imagined that it would be something like New York, being that all these cities are on the East coast (excuse my broad generalizations). Of course, Boston and Providence were totally different. Obviously, they were a lot less busy and intense than New York, but most shocking was the complete obliviousness to the zombie menace (again, a generalization drawn from a select group of people that I interacted with). It seems to me that cities so old (at least in terms of the United States) should have a much larger preoccupation with the supernatural. Not that zombies are supernatural, but they are often lumped in that category, and this is how most people become informed about zombies. But I've never really encountered a large group of people that didn't even know what a zombie was.

Needless to say, I had to brush up on my public speaking skills, and start informing the masses in my short trip. I think I made a little headway, but most people were dismissive. I can only hope that my sermons on the impending threat sunk into the people's subconscious, and that they will become the future army against the undead... the East Coast Line of Defense, if you will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home