Thursday, April 26, 2007

Weapon Storage

It is pretty much a given that you keep at least one weapon bedside incase of a midnight apocalypse. But what about the rest of your weapons? I'm hesisitant to get some sort of weapons chest or storage unit, because I want to have my weapons readily available, everywhere I happen to be (within the confines of the law, of course).

Now I'm not advocating doing anything unsafe, anyone who has tripped over a baton knows that it's not any fun. Currently, I have something weapon, or weapon-like located strategically throughout my house (and car). But as I collect a larger armory (mostly just because it makes me feel more secure), I am considering storing them some place safe... perhaps where I stock-pile my canned goods and dry food.

Of course, my machete will retain is priveleged location, no question there. What do my fellow zombie hunters do with regards to their large weapon collections?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep a slightly odd, but fantastically lethal, handsaw at my bedside. It has a 10-12inch curved blade of wickedly sharp razor teeth and, best of all, it flips open like a flicknife. The flicknife action is not only fun, it also prevents blade-grabbing finger-losing accidents of the bloody and foolish kind. I pity the zombie that disturbs my slumber...shouldn't tempt fate.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart! I'm a big fan of the smaller crowbars though. Seems like it has a bit more reach and I can't hurt myself if I grab it the wrong way.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

judging by your lack of updates I will assume that the necropolis has began, and I must now kill my coworkers and family.

Good luck all!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Keep a nice .45 under my pillow. Customized.

-Lancer

6:43 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

^^ Just don't lie down too hard.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Mike Tredupp said...

I keep a safehouse of various weapons in a central location. Then disperse weapons hidden in every other room of the house. In case of attack while I'm online or just stepping out of hte shower.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep an assualt rifle with optional bayonet within reach, this can offer the best of both worlds.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep a WWII era trench pick next to my bed at all times. It's old, but still sturdy enough for the odd skull cracking.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home