Friday, June 22, 2007

Zombie Hunter for Hire

You may remember my attempts to gain and retain employment during my brief period of "normalcy" when I neglected my duties as a zombie hunter. Unfortunately, the need for an income has pursued me in my return to fighting the good fight. One cannot pay the rent on a desire to save the human race from the undead threat (unfortunately).

One of the plot devices that I always enjoyed in the run of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the fact that Buffy cannot live a normal life due to her duties as the Slayer. One of the normal aspects which she had special difficulties with was getting and retaining a job (especially in Season 6).

Now I'm not going to claim that my life is anywhere close to that of Joss Whedon's slayer. Far from it. I have neither the supernatural powers, nor the perfect hair. However, there is a certain resonance in that my training as a zombie hunter has left me with a unique skill set that makes finding gainful employment a little tricky.

As I continue to work on my resume (and try to find an artful way of stating, "Able to brain a ghoul from thirty yards"), I'm holding out for the necropalypse before the rent situation becomes desperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home