Monday, February 26, 2007

More Wintery Mix

While leaving the house today, I was very impressed with the slippery conditions. Because of my superior dexterity, I was able to keep my balance and successfully circumvent disaster. However, given the same conditions amidst a zombie invasion, our undead attackers may not fare so well. When I usually discuss the weather and how it may affect zombie movement, I tend to fixate on the cold and its effects on dead tissue. I've completely neglected the positive effect this weather might have on the zombies' complete lack of coordination.

Like all zombie defense measures, this is a double-edged sword. In keeping surfaces slippery you are risking a possible fracture, or at the very least a severe bruising. Bragging rights aside, this is a serious issue. But if you are cautious (and I recommend erring on the cautious side with all things zombie-related), this becomes a minor concern that could seriously shape the terrain to your advantage. But I would suggest getting those cleat-like grippy things that slide over your boots as a precautionary measure... not to mention the fact that they could potentially do some damage in a kicking situation.

2 Comments:

Blogger Samexf said...

Ive never thought of the effects of weather on zombies... certainly thought provoking. And zombies on ice would be like dropping a brick into some water and hoping it floats!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Zombies on Ice should be the next Disney production.
I'd go see it, at least until I got kicked out for annihilating the performers.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home