Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the nature of posting

"hi, I'm a dumbass computer program that selects key words from your blog, places them in casual phrasing and then directs you to my stupid website that has absolutely nothing to do with your website."

What a bunch of crap. Any posts like this will be deleted. Meanwhile, hilarious, thoughtful posts are very much appreciated and encouraged. It is a delight to read comments everyday, which momentarily lift me out of my humdrum, pre-apocalyptic existence. Also, I should note that I'm a technical moron, and have no idea how to instant message. But once I figure it out, you'll be hearing from me :)

Current News: I am totally out a vehicular transport (the car I was borrowing has been revoked). Trying to purchase a car. Can't afford a tank. Probably going to get a Toyota Corolla. I will be sure to put a witty, anti-zombie bumper sticker on it though.
I am able to get a ride to Karate tonight though. I missed it yesterday, and am going into Karate withdrawal. Punching things is a tremendous relief. Right now, I'm learning how to break necks. Obviously, actual neck-breaking isn't encouraged in class, but we are learning the proper motions. This should have results similar to decapitation, where all that's left is to destroy the head.

"Kill the head, the body will die!"
-Hunter S. Thompson (though some will claim he appropriated this from the B-movie, The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant)

6 Comments:

Blogger Slash said...

I drove an 81 corolla for 170,000 miles, and I had bought it when it had 130,000 already on it. At 300,000 I sold it to someone for 500 bucks, and he drove it for another 8 years.

The corolla is mighty. If you can't have a tank, it's a good second choice.

11:29 AM  
Blogger Jerilyn said...

I second the Corolla choice.

I've loved many Toyotas in my time, all of whom were very generous lovers in return. I have a Camry that has nearly 250k miles on him and while I no longer drive him (having traded him for the almighty SUV), he sits in my garage, ready and willing to serve me at a moment's notice.

Sadly, for him, he only has teenage drivers to look forward to.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Jerilyn said...

Also, as far as instant messaging works, both Slash and I are abusers of the AIM software.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Slash said...

Hey Jeri, that Corolla I sold was just before I left Musician's Friend, so it was in your neck of the woods. I bet you've even seen it driving around, and never known what an awesome lineage it had.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Jerilyn said...

Oh, THAT Corolla. I knew there was something special about it.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home