Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Difference Between Understanding and Doing

Today, in Karate, I had a bit of a revelation. The concepts of Karate, and most other martial arts, is that you use your weight and leverage in combination with the laws of physics to overtake your opponent. When moves are explained to me, they make complete sense, but actually performing them is another matter entirely.

Thus, the importance of practice. Practice is the art of making your physical self obey your mental understanding, without actually thinking about anything. I have a long way to go.

Regarding yesterday's post: My tabi are actually quite comfortable. They are a little on the snug side because they still need to be broken in, but I'll be stealthing like a real ninja in no time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home