Saturday, February 07, 2009

Absence

The nice thing about being out in the middle of nowhere without civilization creeping up on you is that you have time to focus and reflect. Lately, I have been consumed with banal crap that eats up all my time. Unfortunately, in these pre-apocalyptic times, jobs, rent, and social obligation all infringe on valuable time that could be used for preparing for the apocalypse.

These everyday complications are in addition to the worsening of my shoulder injury. My range of motion has decreased considerably and my ability to sleep has been compromised by the reoccuring pain. Because of these worsening symptoms, I have elected to get surgery to repair the damage that has been done. Needless to say, this was a difficult decision to make, what with my distrust of doctors and fear of incapacitation. As I posted previously though, I still believe it is better to fix this injury now rather than have to deal with it during the apocalypse.

After several conversations with my doctor, I am fairly certain that he is legit. Even so, I will be accompanied by one of my friends who I trust in case the nation succumbs to a zombie threat. Hopefully, this temporary inconvenience will allow me to once again resume training against the zombie threat.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Rens, I am working on some theories on zombie anatomy and the effects of decomposition on zombies and their abilities. Some of my other zombie survival friends find my ideas insightful. Send me an email if you want to know more. christopher.dearmond@gmail.com

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, my buddy Chris told me about you, the zombie survivalist. Nice to meet you, I'm the Zombie-ist.

We should talk!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Badwolf-Looking for 30 calabur felechette orunds for my m1 grand can u help

9:30 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, Badwolf is it? check http://www.ammogarand.com/ they will probably have what you are looking for.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ellly mix badwolf-thanks working on pressure washer chassies flamethrower utlizing gasoline potrolium j

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

badwolf-protrolium jelly gas powered flamethrower,where can I post blueprints where?

7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across your site while looking at other zombie stuff online. You sound like you'll be strong when the inevitably uprising ocurs. See you then.

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bes' be trollin'

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Stephanie said...

I stumbled across your blog. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one getting ready for the unavoidable. You might find this site worthwhile:

http://www.mredepot.com

Once I get a real job (in Law School atm) I plan to begin stocking up on supplies.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Hyrion said...

Hope youre ok, you havent posted in a while...

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stumbled upon your blog and love it. Hopefully you'll start writing again.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home